Description: This position is physical in nature and requires a versatile skill set.
- Level, grade and place asphalt with precision
- Understand grade & slope of asphalt
- Understand asphalt paving best practices
- Assist construction crew / paving crew / plant crew with various duties such as shoveling and raking
- Perform general labor duties when necessary.
- Follow directions of manager for daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site.
- May be called upon to run small power tools such as jackhammer.
- Dig, spread and level construction materials.
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
- Assist in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
- Minimum 2 years’ asphalt paving experience
- Previous related experience in construction field is preferred.
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Must be willing and able to travel to work sites, which are in different locations around our division.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Be willing to work overtime when required.
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
- Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
Benefits: We offer a generous benefits package including:
- Paid Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company match
Advanced Pavement Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Advanced Pavement Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.