Description: This is a highly skilled position involving the control and operation of the asphalt roller machine.
- Asphalt compaction at a paving site. This extends to breakdown, intermediate and finish roller operators using any type of heavy compaction equipment,
- Able to perform essential job functions with/ without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of asphalt rolling patterns and best practices
- Knowledge of compaction testing and temperature requirements
- 3+ years of asphalt rolling and/or paving experience
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of the paving industry including preparatory work, grades, drainage, paving patterns, aggregate size, job specifications, oil consistencies, compaction and other details related to asphalt paving.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to pass a drug screening Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Must be willing and able to travel to work sites, which are in different locations around our division.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Be willing to work overtime when required.
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
- Prepared to sit, stand, stop, crouch, reach and lift for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
Benefits: Health Benefits, Paid Holidays, PTO (Paid time off)
Advanced Pavement Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Advanced Pavement Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.