Description: Service, maintain, and repair all manner of heavy equipment related to excavation, grading, paving, and concrete work. Skidsteers, Gehl’s, Vibratory Rollers, Paving Machines, Excavators, Loaders, Dump Trucks, Crew Trucks and other equipment.
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or system such as: power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics. Completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives and adjusting controls and systems.
- Keeps shop equipment fully operational by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- 2 + years of experience working as a diesel mechanic.
- Strong communication skills and ability to deal tactfully and efficiently at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Awareness of operational safety requirements in a manufacturing environment and ability to apply and follow procedures and requirements per regulatory bodies.
- Ability to detect technical malfunctions in the machines.
- Sound understanding of using all repair tools, equipment and testing machinery.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening.
- Willing to work nights and weekends if needed
Benefits: We offer a generous benefits package including:
- Paid Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Dependent Care)
- 401k with Company match
Advanced Pavement Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Advanced Pavement Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.