Description: Operates horizontal directional drill in accordance with blueprints and designated plans for a variety of jobs. Individuals must have knowledge of the underground process.
- Operator must be knowledgeable with all typical safety procedures and apply them at all times.
- Maintains company equipment per service requirements and safety guidelines
- Assists with construction clean-up as necessary
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Be able to dig, ability to run a plow is a plus
- Experienced in manhole work and concrete pouring
- Be able to run equipment such as mini excavators, backhoes, trenchers and a variety of drills
- Need to be able to work independently as part of a crew.
- Ability to trench, bore, plow, place duct, and direct bury main-line and drops. Locate & verify all utilities before construction. Clean up job site when finished.
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Must have Class A CDL
- Drug testing and a background check are required
- Operator must have a clean record, driving and otherwise
- Previous directional boring experience for telecommunications is a plus
- Previous experience in standard and high-risk areas are preferred
- Previous experience in underground fiber and coax construction a plus
- Knowledge of utility depths and placements
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints
- Willing to work outdoors in all types of weather (i.e. snow, rain, wind, etc.) if required
- Ability to work in various environments/settings with moderate to loud noise levels
- Able to work in trenches, manholes and tunnels
- Prepared to sit, stand, stop, crouch, reach and lift for long periods of time
Benefits: Health Benefits, Paid Holidays, PTO (Paid time off)